Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Oja RV Mingthing

 Adieu Awo Oja Mingthing

ON my own personal narrative Qr. RV.Mingthing, former Minister GOM,former Chairman HAC and former chairman ADC  is/was a historian and respectable man with unique ideology. we the in-generation need to honour him for what he has planted and encouraging us to go forward with firm foundation and roots to hold on.

As I can vividly recall him advising me Chiphang you are a journalist so you need  to note all that is worthy as a Jurnos and impart me million dollar  history of Tangkhuls and it's origin including how Tampak was settled by Meities and it's jurisdiction/ boundaries with Tangkhul(with documents) and Burma now Myanmar.
Honestly, I am crestfallen today for we will miss such an octagenerian with rich historian amongst the Tangkhul.
Awo ( Mingthing) as an advisor to one of my founding organisation " Haomee Research Guild"(founded by me and an   advocate)represented by 16 tribes of Manipur.We deeply owes him for all his selfless contribution and his legacy will certainly be inscripted in the anal of Haomee history one fine day.

May your soul Rest in Peace Awo Oja.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ato Kilonser Muivah 90th Birthday

  Honouring Thuingaleng Muivah's 90th Birthday and 60 Years of Unyielding Service to the Naga Nation Esteemed comrades, distinguished g...